Monday, August 13, 2012

Gratitude


I have more time than i thought so i wanted to share some thoughts about gratitude. We have been working with a less active family. 7 people in the family and the live in a house about the size of my room at home. The ten year old works every saturday to help pay for stuff as well. Houses here are often cement walls with cement floors with metal sheets for a roof. when we eat with members they give us so much food and sometimes dont eat or give themselves and their kids only a little. this is extremely hard for me but i have to eat all my food and i feel horrible. some families are more well off but there are some super poor areas. people think they understand but they dont. I had no clue until i actually got here. This has taught me that humility leads to happiness. These people are so loving and yet they have nothing. The ward mission leader has been a member for about 6 weeks and he doesnt really know anything about church organization or missionary work but his attitude is contagious. Attitude makes all the difference. I remember one time last week just feeling happy and sweating and smiling for no reason and this old lady walked off the sidewalk to shake my hand when I smiled at her. This simple act of service can make someones day.


Remember every day to thank God for what you have because someone always has it worse. 

Remember to smile through afflictions because Jesus Christ went through the same thing FOR YOU and he didnt have to.

Remember God always loves you and he is sad when you are sad.

This last week has been super frustrating but I am learning great life lessons. I figured out why the mission is the best two years. Because you study, live, and allow the gospel to change you. Never before in my life have I lived and studied the gospel like this and when we are obedient we are happy. Helping others and teaching others is great but the joy i have comes from living and teaching not just baptizing.

For anyone struggling read DyC 122 8. I think. It is the one that says Christ has descended below all... think ye are greater than He.

Quiero compartir mi testimonio en espanol. Dios quiere que seamos obediente y cuando somos obediente, podemos recibir mas bendiciones. Hay muchos mandamientos pero muchas veces los mandamientos pequenos son mas importante come leer las escrituras, orar, y asistencia a la iglesia cada domingo. Podemos superar las tentaciones del diablo por medio oracion. Jesucristo puede ayudar en cualquiera cosa en nuestra vida proque El sufrio por todo en el jardin. Recuerde! Dios nos ama mucho


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment