Monday, February 4, 2013

Personal Conversion

I am excited to hear about the family mission plan and I will continue praying for family missionary opportunities. My first piece of advice is dont get discouraged if the people dont change or accept the gospel. There is an amazing family here who hasnt lived here that long so they dont know that many people but they give us references. About 2 months ago the hermana Mirta gave us a reference and we taught them once and they kept cancelling on us. Finally, the friend told the hermana Mirta she didnt want to listen to us or go to church. The hermana seemed pretty discouraged when she told us this. However last week she gave us another reference and we went to visit them but they didnt really want to listen. When we talked with the hermana yesterday she asked us what she could teach her friend. We told her to help her friend feel the spirit and she told us that this week she will do that and schedule an appointment for us. I was impressed with her desire to share the gospel.

Next, dont be afraid to testify. To say "I know" is direct and bold but dont be afraid to say it. As people we have the tendency to want to please the people with our words but the most powerful words we have are our testimony.

My last piece of advice would be personal conversion as a family. The first name that should be on the list should be our own. As missionaries we invited others to come unto Christ. Really we are inviting people to come to our level. If we have not come unto Christ, the people cant either. Coming unto Christ is a process of the life but as missionaries we have to strive every day to come unto Him. This conversion leads to more desires to share the gospel. I thought about this a lot in a lesson yesterday when someone told us we were wrong and we could only testify when really we could have pulled out the bible and proved him wrong. If we are not converted these things can discourage us and that is when Satan attacks. Become converted and dont get discouraged.

Something I love about the mission is seeing when people feel the spirit. This week we taught a middle aged woman and as we began teaching I felt I should share an experience with her. I could see that she was feeling the spirit as her face lit up and she put attention into what we were saying. She also accepted the invitation to be baptized.  The hermana ursula says hi to all of you. She is the spirits lady. She was baptized about 10 years ago and went inactive. She was impressed that Elder Turpo and I took the time to help her in this experience and she has been going to church for three months now and hasnt had this problem again. Mom you never need to worry about me if I am here in Chiapa de Corzo with the hermana ursula.

I love you. Realmente sé que Dios nos ama y nos dio Su mejor, Su hijo. Sin ninguna duda, El Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios y si lee, va a saber que fue escrito por profetas de Dios. Les amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment