Monday, March 11, 2013

Life as a missionary is Great!

Elder Lythgoe in Chiapa de Corzo where he has served for the past 5 months
Cool Story - Presidente Cardenas converted this man 20 years ago when he served as a missionary in Chiapa de Corzo.  The convert went inactive until about 1 1/2 years ago when Presidente showed up on his door step.  They had not seen each other for 20 years.  He has been active in our branch since then and he is preparing for the Temple to be sealed to his wife soon.
 
Updates on investigators
We have a family of 4 that are progressing and reading the Book of Mormon but havent accepted baptismal date yet. They have gone to church twice which is good.
Roberto y Nara have gone to church three times. The love going to church but are pretty hard to teach because they are 16 so they focus for about 5 minutes but we are going to invite them to baptism tonight.
Jorge Dominguez (14) has baptismal date for 30 de Marzo. His family are members inactive for about 7 years so he never got baptized. Went to church with his dad yesterday.
Jairo also has baptismal date for this day. He will get married in the morning and baptized in the afternoon. He is 19 and his wife (member inactive) is 20 so they are really immature and I had to help them talk through an issue but it turned out good.
 
Had a good and bad experience with Jorge the other day. We taught them and several times he started laughing and told me I didnt pronounce some words good. I just remember praying that he would feel the spirit and he accpeted the invitation to be baptized. That happened my first transfer one time and it ticked me off. I was super mad at the person and didnt want to talk but this time was just completely different. After another lesson he asked where I learned spanish because I talk funny.
 
We had stake conference yesterday and it was broadcasted with Elder Bednar and Elder Scott. Did you know Elder Scott speaks spanish? It was great. Elder Scott talked with such love it was incredible. I remembering praying for an answer to a question from the apostles and I felt it wasnt being answered when I realized that the messages were perfect for investigators that we had there. I realized that God was trying to help his sons and daughters who didnt have the blessings of the gospel when I already have them.
 
The picture is with a convert of president Cardenas when he was a missionary here in Chiapa de Corzo. Pretty cool story because he was inactive and one day about a year and a half ago president showed up for the first time in like 20 years at his house and the brother has gone to church since and will be getting sealed to his wife in about a month
 
Dad - Yesterday at stake conference a bishop in Tuxtla and his wife said hi to us and asked me where I was from. I said california and they asked if I know oxnard. His sister lives in Camarillo or Oxnard and is member.  Her maiden name would be Natareno (her brother is Gaudalupe). Someone who has a brother in barrio Palmas in Tuxtla Gutierrez. Not exactly sure if he is bishop but someone told me that after. Pretty small world
 
I love you. Espero que tengan feliz semana.


No comments:

Post a Comment