Monday, April 8, 2013

Baptism!!

We got to baptize Jorge yesterday and it was such an awesome experience becuase he went from someone who wouldnt pray with us to give an amazing closing prayer in his baptismal service. That and conference were the highlights because other than that. Elder Hincha had diarrea and was throwing up this week and i think it was my fault. We are not supposed to eat food from the street but one day a sister gave us tacos and I accepted without thinking before i realized it was desobedience. Once again I got to see the blessings of obedience and the consequences of desobedience.

In two more weeks we have two more baptisms and possibly another in 3 weeks. My companion still doesnt understand and talk but I make him talk in the lessons so he can get over his fears.

Funny experience. We got to watch all conference but saturday morning we watched the saturday morning session from 2011 and didnt realize until later that day. God has a misterious way of working because there was a message that I really liked and needed to hear in that conference.
Conference was amazing. Favorite talk was easily President Uchtdorf in priesthood. But it was funny because after sunday morning Jairo told me that he didnt want me to baptize but Monson haha. It is amazing how people can truly see that he is a prophet of God.

I just want to testify that God answers prayers. Before the conference saturday I prayed that God would show me how I can strengthen my faith more. What did Elder Holland talk about? Yep thats it. In the last session but I knew God would answer my prayer through his chosen mouthpieces. Honestly, I forgot about it at that point and then as Elder Holland was finishing the thought came to my mind that God answers prayers and then I remembered my prayer.

I loved how a big theme in this conference was centered in Jesus Christ and His atonement and faith in him and how God loves. Such an uplifting experience and I felt bad that my companion didnt understand a word.

As far as my birthday goes I didnt even really think about it. It was nice not to think about myself. That night we found an inactive sister who was super happy that we visited her and she has a 9 year old daughter who isnt baptized and finding this family was the best birthday present I could have asked for. Only the Lopez family knew and sent me a text message to wish me a happy birthday. Mario my ward mission leader and his family and his dad Bartolo our investigator.

I love you!!
Love, Elder Lythgoe

No comments:

Post a Comment