Monday, April 1, 2013

Elder Hincha arrived

Elder Hincha from Arizona!  He is great.

House of Prayer - our old meeting place for church
Here I have a foto of the house of prayer and my companion. Elder Hincha who is 19 from Arizona. First time I have been the short companion haha. Elder Cavazos went about an hourfrom here to Villaflores.

He is a great missionary and just a great kid and we get along great. Really we dont talk to much because I am not allowed to talk to him in english and he doesnt understand or speak right now but every now and then I say a few words in english so he doesnt get too discouraged. He really doesnt speak too bad but is just afraid to talk. I remember trying and not being able to so I just need to get him to talk.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. We got packages and letters about a week ago so I missed it by about 2 months when we get them again haha but who knows.

Honestly with a new companion who doesnt speak it is super hard but what I like is that I am able to improve. I have been able to realize and fine tune a couple more things in obedience. My companion literally does EVERYTHING i do so if i choose not to be obedient he will never be an obedient missionary which has made me look for every little thing i can change because I just want Elder Hincha to be a better more succesful missionary than me. I always thought 100% obedience just applied to the big things like getting up on time and going to bed on time but there are so many little rules that I have sometimes ignored that are just as important. I know you have always tought me this but I really struggle with it in that not worrying what other missionaries or people think. I worred about the before. I worried about not ofending an investigator family so they would be more likely to accept the message or I was scared what they would think. I learned that that doesnt have anything to do with their conversion and the most important thing I can do is please my Heavenly Father and be an example to the people.

The good thing is that a mission is two years since it has taken me ten months to realize and learn something crucial. Yesterday I learned the importance of READING what we write in our journals or the notes we take. I took notes in conferences and firesides before the mission and in the mtc where I received revelation to learn something but after that day I forgot about it and never put it in practice until now which is pretty sad but I am grateful that I have finally learned.

Sé que sin ninguna duda que El Libro de Mormon es verdadero y nos ayudará a evitar y superar todas las tentaciones que tengamos. LES AMO

Love, Elder Lythgoe

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! We miss Ryan (Elder Hincha) so much. But we are so proud of him. I am glad Elder Lythgoe is taking good care of our son. And Ryan does not talk a whole lot in the first place.

    ReplyDelete