Monday, May 13, 2013

I Have the "gene" now too - Tears

It was great seeing and talking to you all yesterday even though I completely embarrassed myself but I know it would come out sometime that I have that gene now too haha.

Happy mothers day mom. I really do have a testimony of what I said yesterday that Heavenly Father has given me great parents to help me which I never realized before. I was thinking about that this morning when I remembered something that I want to apologize for. When I first got here and said I put my arm around a girl for a picture I said I forgot. Really I was just afraid to tell the member no because he was saying its ok because we are friends. I have learned that it is much more important to be obedient and honest so I am sorry for telling it that way.

One of the greatest blessings of the mission is learning obedience but in a different way. Learning that it only matters in preparing to live with God and be obedient to him and not worrying what others think. I would be disobedient because I wanted the members to like me but I realized it is more important to have their confidence and to have them say that I was an obedient missionary not a cool missionary.

We walk a ton and use a lot of transportation because our area is HUGE!!! The other day we received a reference and she said its a little far... A LITTLE... we walked in a dirt road for an hour uphill... both ways haha we left at 430 from Chiapa and got back at 730.

Funny experience... we visited Nadia and her mom this week and the mom had a shirt on that said. Science. It works, bi..... we started laughing and she was like. oh no does my shirt say something bad... another time the branch president sent us a message to ask what... f the cubs meant... another shirt he saw... everyone here knows the english cuss words and it is very normal to hear kids say the f word or mexican missionaries because they think its funny without knowing what it means... we have to explain a lot of stuff like that

I love you and hope you have a great week.

Love, Elder Lythgoe

No comments:

Post a Comment