Monday, May 6, 2013

Plugging along

I am not going to lie but this was probably the hardest week of my mission but God really blessed us. We started the week with only the family as investigadores. Tuesday I just felt the whole day that I had 4 baptisms this transfer with them and that was good. It is hard staying in an area for so long. I tried to keep pushing forward and that night we found twin girls whose dad is member but lives in Puebla Mexico and they speak english. We are now teaching them. We teach in english which is hard because I dont know how to teach in english and my comp still doesnt say too much haha.

Also, this week we found an inactive sister who has not gone to church in about 10 years and has a 14 year old boy and 8 year old daughter who arent baptized. They went to church with us yesterday. Also, we found a family  and the mom wants us to teach her kids but she is also listening to help them.

I think almost every day this week God answered my prayers through the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true and God uses it as His tool to help us.

Yesterday there was a change of the branch presidency counselors and after so much time here it felt the same is it feels in the home ward. Sadness and excitement for those who are released and called.

I love you. Happy anniversary mom and dad. Hope you all had a good 5 de mayo because here in Mexico it is nothing haha. Dad I am proud to call you my dad. I always strive to be like you and follow your example. The faith and testimony that you have of the Savior really inspires me.

Love, Elder Lythgoe

No comments:

Post a Comment